Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round

Hall County - Lula, Ga

Moderators: keith johnson, ADGO BOD

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm

They opened the course on April 9th.
They also now have a setup with Georgia Power to deliver mulch to be used on the fairways for the wooded holes, and I also will be there more often now going forward and will keep the fairways sides clear as well as they will mow the grass on a regular basis.

Exciting News Part 1) Doubles will be taking place EVERY 3rd SUNDAY year round starting on MAY 15th - No greens fees for Annual Pass holders!

Start times will be at 2PM in Daylight Savings Time (Mid MAR-OCT) and at Noon in the non-Daylight Savings Time part of the year (NOV-Mid MAR).
We will park at the side of the parking lot by the practice basket and will meet at the tables on the dock.

There are restrooms in the main building next to the meeting area along with refreshments/icecream products for sale and they will also stock discs with their logo and bags. There will also be a permanent soda machine along with water station (during doubles) on the Chicken coop hole.
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Re: Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Reminder - Starting this sunday:

Doubles will be taking place EVERY 3rd SUNDAY year round starting on MAY 15th - No greens fees for Annual Pass holders!

Start times will be at 2PM in Daylight Savings Time (Mid MAR-OCT) and at Noon in the non-Daylight Savings Time part of the year (NOV-Mid MAR).
We will park at the side of the parking lot by the practice basket and will meet at the tables on the dock.

There are restrooms in the main building next to the meeting area along with refreshments/ice cream products for sale and they will also stock discs with their logo and bags.
There will also be a permanent soda machine along with water station (during doubles) on the Chicken Shack hole.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed May 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Cost will be $15 for all in if you have a pass, $20 without a pass.

$11 will be minimum with pass, $16 without.

$1 ace, 3 each $1 CTP's
keith johnson

Results from 5/15/11

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

9 Players!

1st place $70 Hugh / Randy - 51
2nd place $20 Daniel / Keith - 53

Ace Fund - $9

Next date is June 19th at 2 PM
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon May 16, 2011 10:24 pm

It was old school day yesterday at the course as Jordy, Mark Campbell, Fred, and Rob Kelly came to check the place out, along with Daniel May, Hugh Torbit, Brad Traylor, Randy and myself.

Rob Kelly was one of the 9 players and was in my group - on almost every hole he said how he liked the course and by hole 15 he had said it was in his top 5 played - He also told Kirk (one of the owners) the same thing when he came up to us after the round to see how everyone enjoyed the first official Doubles round.

5 of the 9 players had annual passes, and I was about 3 inches right of the first ace on the course on hole 8 when my shot slid across the top of the cage on the right side and off the back - if it had Headrick nubs It woulda stayed in. :mrgreen:

Please join us on SUNDAY June 19th for the next installment and see the course for yourself - see if it makes your own top 5 courses played list - and hopefully without being up against a 74 person full DiscCaddie Event, more players will be able to see what a gem of a course Kirk and Leah have let us create.
keith johnson

Postby htorbit » Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 am

Fun times at doubles! Thanks for running the action Keith and for all the work you have put into this course! After playing this course twice this past weekend, it is in my top five courses.
htorbit
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue May 17, 2011 8:38 pm

I nearly had that first Ace myself. I hit chains on 16 during our Saturday morning round!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed May 18, 2011 1:15 am

richardhead wrote:I nearly had that first Ace myself. I hit chains on 16 during our Saturday morning round!

Sweet, that uphill ace would be easy to see!

Where were you guys on Sunday? - I thought you would be there to see the improvements from your SAT morning round - you only saw 2 holes cleaned.

Hopefully we'll see you and everyone else on JUNE 19th!
keith johnson

Postby Bradshaw » Wed May 18, 2011 8:52 am

keith johnson wrote:It was old school day yesterday at the course as Jordy, Mark Campbell, Fred, and Rob Kelly came to check the place out, along with Daniel May, Hugh Torbit, Brad Traylor, Randy and myself.

Rob Kelly was one of the 9 players and was in my group - on almost every hole he said how he liked the course and by hole 15 he had said it was in his top 5 played - He also told Kirk (one of the owners) the same thing when he came up to us after the round to see how everyone enjoyed the first official Doubles round.

5 of the 9 players had annual passes, and I was about 3 inches right of the first ace on the course on hole 8 when my shot slid across the top of the cage on the right side and off the back - if it had Headrick nubs It woulda stayed in. :mrgreen:

Please join us on SUNDAY June 19th for the next installment and see the course for yourself - see if it makes your own top 5 courses played list - and hopefully without being up against a 74 person full DiscCaddie Event, more players will be able to see what a gem of a course Kirk and Leah have let us create.

Hoping to make this action!
Bradshaw

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Reminder that next SUNDAY - YES Father's Day - Is the next round of doubles at "The course" which starts at 2PM draw at 1:55 on the deck next to the command center.

They have hired a full time maintenance/mowing person who starts tomorrow to keep up the course on a regular basis so it should look good next Sunday. The SIX benches will also be installed tomorrow morning so they will come in handy next Sunday!! They will be on holes 2,6,7,12,16 (shares with Pro pad 3) and 18 which is basically after every uphill walk except 6 (but after playing the Windmill hole and resting up for the par 5 Windmills revenge will come in handy) and the chicken shack where it will come in handy to sit and watch when your buddies spend 10 minutes unloading their bag on the hole :mrgreen: ) speaking of the Shack - they will also be changing the lineup in the soda machine to have 2-3 lines of Powerade, 1-2 of water and 1 each of Coke, Diet Coke, and Sprite.

Today I installed the alternate sleeves for holes 1 (about 45 feet longer on the upslope near the trail to #2 teepads), 16 (tucked in the woods right side location) and 17 (in an alley to the right and about 60 feet longer than left position) which will be used next Sunday, as well as doing some mowing with a push mower (before finding out the guy starts tomorrow :shock: ) and pruning some renegade wild overhanging branches on Hole 9 and other stray overhanging branches that grew in the past 5 weeks.

If you have never played the course, or haven't played it since right after it was first put in - do yourself a favor and come by to see the changes!

Keith
keith johnson

Father's Day Doubles - can you come out and play?

Postby Here4Beer » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:59 am

Since it is Father's Day, is anybody besides Keith planning on being there? (Sun @ 2 pm)
thx.
Here4Beer
Barney

Re: Father's Day Doubles - can you come out and play?

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Here4Beer wrote:Since it is Father's Day, is anybody besides Keith planning on being there? (Sun @ 2 pm)
thx.

Ritger and several other regulars have said they were coming for sure.

If you or others can't use the benefit of Father's Day to do what you like and play Disc Golf, I can always get you a copy of Dr. Phil's book to read instead at home. :shock: :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Father's Day Doubles

Postby Here4Beer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 am

Dr. Phil = BAD
DG on Dad's Day = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Be there or be unilaterally orthogonal...
Here4Beer
Barney

Postby Funky Bobby J » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:54 am

Planning on being there too - hope to see some folks out there.
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Results from 6/19/11

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 am

18 Players!

Great turnout for Father's Day - played the 3 new pin positions on 1/16/17 - used the 4 new benches (6 and 18 will be in by next time) - thanks to all the first time visitors for their comments - it's still a work in progress, but it keeps getting better all the time!
I'm meeting with the guy taking care of the course on July 4th to give him a hole by hole guide for maintenance so the course will hopefully stay looking sweet all the time and I'll keep working with him for clearing out and maintaining the places where I'll be adding other alternate pin locations, so they will be in good shape for when the pins move monthly.

Management is extremely happy with the support of disc golfers and the feedback they are getting, so thanks again for your kind words.

1st place $80 Will C. / Steve A. - 53 (won playoff for first)
2nd place $50 GT Chris / Keith - 53 (won playoff for second)
3rd place $30 Brad B. / Mark S. - 53
4th place $20 Carlos R. / Jason O. - 54

Ace Fund will start at - $27

Next date is July 17th at 2 PM
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:19 am

Reminder to all of you who ae NOT playing at "theP" with DiscCaddie that this Sunday is the 3rd Sunday making it NGCT Sunday Doubles Sunday! :mrgreen:

2PM start, draw at 1:55 PM near the dock on the East side of the Command center- Ace fund is starting at $27 plus entries.

You can also check the camping and teepee area out for making resevations if you are playing in the Bonus GSSS Event in OCT or if you just want to spend the night there at anytime.

Hope to see lots of players!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:01 am

Hope they cut the grass this week!! If not, you may wanna wear jeans? It was 3 feet high in alot of places Sunday. :(
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:26 pm

Cha Ching wrote:Hope they cut the grass this week!! If not, you may wanna wear jeans? It was 3 feet high in alot of places Sunday. :(

I spent 9 hours today on the riding mower getting things fine tuned.
Grass is mowed and the place looks the best it has since it opened up.

Besides everything being cut, 5, 10 and 15 have finer mowed defined fairways.
Today's fun on the riding mower also included mowing the following:
3 green, 4 fairway, 5 fairway mowed to the where the tree line will be, 6 fairway and 2nd level mowed, 3rd level where basket is cleared of ivy, 7 has brush pile pushed 30 ft off fairway, 9 fairway mowed and hill on left bushhogged clear after the REC tee, 10 fairway mowed, 11 fairway mowed, 13 mowed around both sets of tees, trail mowed from 14 basket to 15 tee, 15 fairway mowed, 16 mowed around green for "A" pin and pathway mowed to 17 Tee, 18 fairway mowed and green mowed as well as trail to 1 and from 18 basket to all the way around the practice basket.
2 has mulch all down the fairway, 6 has mulch going up to the 2nd level.

The course is getting better every week.

Last week was only 90 days since opening -in the next 90 before the GSSS Event it will only get better - as now with regular mowing and with the fairways bushhogged to the tree lines - the fairways will get cleaner and smoother every week.

Anyone who is not playing the Discaddie Event at "theP" is invited to come check it out for Doubles tomorrow, and I will guarantee you'll have a good time on a great course.

See you there!
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:58 pm

You are the man Keith!! Cant wait to get back out there !
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Results from 7/17/11

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:02 am

7 Players!

3 players made the trek from Chattanooga to play the course and Doubles for the first time, and there were 4 players form Clearwater, Florida that also were playing there for the first time around 1 PM but didn't know about the doubles and had already made plans to play another course that afternoon.
I took pictures and Video of each hole - with a walking description on some of the longer and elevation changing holes as well as showing the "A" pin positions for the 3 holes currently in "B" - so I can upload the link to DGCR, the PDGA Course Directory and the NGCT websites.
Pictures and video can't do this place justice though, so please go and visit when you can.

Doubles Results:

1st place $50 Jordy / Fred - 50
2nd place $20 Zane / Keith - 51

Ace Fund - Will start at $34 plus Entries.

Next date is August 21st at 2 PM
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Gentle Reminder that this Sunday coming up AUGUST 21st is the next Doubles at the course.

Signup for the OCT 15-16th GSSS BONUS Event is on sale now if you are interested here: http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore ... 1304013939
keith johnson

Results from 8/21/11

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Pins are back in "A" Positions - moved AFTER Doubles round.

6 Players!

Doubles Results:

1st place $60 Matt R. / Rob - 49 (course record with 1, 16, 17 in "B" pin positions)

Ace Fund - Will start at $40 plus Entries.

Next date is September 21st at 2 PM

Hope to see more players turn out for doubles as it gets cooler - there were 6 other players that came before or after doubles - that didn't know about doubles - if you could please pass the info along to people who don't frequent the message board it would be appreciated.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Funky Bobby J » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 am

Probably the double action in Albany stole a few... :D
Living in the United States where the hottest European import is Plutocracy...
Funky Bobby J
Star Plastic

Results from 9/18/11

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:42 am

4 Players!

Doubles Results:

1st place $40 Jordy / Robby - 58 (yes 58 - for those of you that went to Flyboy, you missed out on a chance to play left handed and win doubles today)

Ace Fund - Will start at $44 plus Entries.

Next date is November 19th at NOON (time changes to NOON until Daylight Savings time resumes) - OCTOBER Weekend is the Bonus GSSS Event OCT 15-16th

Keith
keith johnson

Sunday Doubles!

Postby keith johnson » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:12 pm

REMINDER - NOV 20th at NOON is the next 3rd Sunday doubles.

Now that the weather is cooler and several pros have given it rave reviews (including the first 5 STAR rating on DGCR by Matt Dollar) - it's time to come see what you have been missing.

There is also the possibility (not set in stone yet) that Georgia Public Broadcasting might be there filming a piece on the complex including Disc Golf, the Glamping teepees and camping, along with the geocashing and they may film some action golf shots.

Ace Fund - Will start at $44 plus Entries.

Next date is November 20th at NOON (time changes to NOON until Daylight Savings time resumes)

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:48 am

Final reminder that we have a NOON start time tomorrow (SUNDAY NOV 20th).
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 pm

For those of you not playing Dollar's gig or last minute holiday shopping - the doubles will be on starting at Noon.

Ace fund is 47 plus entries.

Hope to see you there.
keith johnson

Postby nick brost » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:56 am

ill be there with atleast two others
nick brost
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:14 pm

nick brost wrote:ill be there with atleast two others

Great to hear - we meet at the practice basket around 11:45AM - I'll be working on the course during the morning before Doubles.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:24 pm

Cya'll there!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Forsyth County Disc Golf Organization President
http://www.facebook.com/FCDGO
COME TO CP DUBS SUNDAYS AT 2!!!

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 am

10 players! (including 2 players on thier first time ever playing the course)

1st place Chris / Keith $70 shooting a 50
2nd place Gabriel / Matt $30 shooting a 53 (won playoff)
2nd place Bobby / Nick shooting a 53

Ace fund is up to $57

Next Doubles is in 2012 on JAN 21st!

Sleeves were installed for 7,9 and 13 and the baskets will be in the new positions for the JAN doubles so come check out the course and bring your friends.

Chris also cleaned up with $20 in CTP's plus the bonus donated by the GSSS First Run Star Lycan for the CTP on the Chicken Shack Hole 12!

You never know what goodies will be given away for doubles, and if we get 15 or more entries in JAN or FEB - I'll have a prize worth over $25 to give away to a lucky player.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Great stuff Keith and the course looks phenomenal!! I think this is one of the most fair courses for Doubles and a really fun track! The course has come a long way in less then a year and thanks to Keith and the staff there, it continues to get even better! I even heard rumors of 9 more holes being put in within the near future.

This is a good course and I will be buying an annual pass for 2012!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

If I don't respond to a post in due time, please message me on Facebook or call/text me, thanks!
Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:54 pm

NEXT doubles round is this SUNDAY JAN 15th at NOON!

The new pin locations on 7, 9 and 13 will be in play as well as the changes made to 5 and 15 to make them as I envisioned when doing the original design.

Hopefully the mulch was placed on the "B" pin for 9 and the tees on 5 and 14 were addressed ( I met with them during the holiday week and showed them personally what I was looking for) as well as they will be back filling and building up around the front and sides of all tees that need it over the next 2 months. ( hopefully finished in time for the March GSSS Event on the 17th).

I have E-mailed to see if the work had a chance to be done, and as soon as I receive a response, I'll post it here.

See everyone there SUNDAY!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby soupdude62 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:31 am

Don't know if you are testing us but...
THIS Sunday is the 15th (the 3rd Sunday in January)
The next Sunday is the 22nd (there are 5 Sunday's in January 2012)
soupdude62
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Yeah I'm sorry - Dammes called me and let me know the same thing - it is THIS SUNDAY - the 15th.

I changed it in the post above also.

Hope to see you there,
Keith
keith johnson

Postby soupdude62 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:23 am

Will try
I've had gout, wife had pneumonia and kidney stones.
soupdude62
DX Plastic

Postby Corndawg13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Awesome, see ya'll there!!!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:06 am

Bobby,

Awesome that he had gout and his wife had pnuemonia and kidney stones? :shock:

Or was it just bad timing? :mrgreen:

Hope things get better for you soupdude - and I'll see you on SUN Bobby.
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Oh damn, wow, case of bad timing! Awesome for Dubs on Sunday and yes I hope SoupDudes situation gets better indeed.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 pm

10 players! (including 2 players on thier first time ever playing the course and 2 who only played once back in MAY when the course was only a month old)

1st place Mike Dammes / Fred $60 shooting a 50
2nd place Matt Orchard / Keith $40 shooting a 52

Ace fund will start at $67

Next Doubles is on FEB 19th!

Mike D won $10 plus the bonus Crystal Z Buzzz donated by himself for the CTP on the Chicken Shack Hole 12!

Also one of the players to make the trek for the first time was Bill Thornton who also donated $100 to the tree fund for the 5/6 fairways.
He and Matt Orchard were pleased with how the course looked (he sent pictures of the Chicken Shack hole to other people while on the tee) and the 2 who hadn't played since May when the course was only a month old were stunned at the changes since their first visit.

Come see what all the fuss is about in FEB when the pins will be in the locations they will be in for the 1st GSSS Event on MARCH 17th to allow you the chance to practice for the Event layout.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Improvements to tee 5 were completed along with the relocation and lowering of the tee for 14.

There is now a 4 foot buffer AFTER the 12 foot deck on the tee of 5 along with the sides and behind the tee backfilled with dirt and 2-5 inches of gravel making it approachable from any angle with no fears of having to stop short on the pad.

14 was relocated to make the shot more of how it was originally envisioned of being a slight turnover "s" shot.

Come out on FEB 19th for the 3rd Sunday doublesto see the changes and practicce for the 1st GSSS Event.
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am

Can't wait to see the updates Keith, thanks! 5 will be very nice.
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:25 pm

10 leyland cypress trees are being planted tomorrow (SAT) that are 6-10 feet tall on the fairways of 5 and 6 - and although they aren't large enough "to keep you in your own fairway" now they are the start to what will define the holes in future years as they grow larger with each growing season.

Come out on SUNDAY at NOON for a chance to play the course in the GSSS #1 Event layout for the 3rd Sunday doubles and take home some cash while you practice. :mrgreen:

Hope to see a good crowd there!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby craigd » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:08 am

keith johnson wrote:10 leyland cypress trees are being planted tomorrow (SAT) that are 6-10 feet tall on the fairways of 5 and 6 - and although they aren't large enough "to keep you in your own fairway" now they are the start to what will define the holes in future years as they grow larger with each growing season.

Keith,

Do you run a string between those two holes during your events? I wondered about it when I played the course for the first time last week. I tried to play as if the tree line would be OB. Given that I'm a side arm player, that would make that hole a little tougher for me. Kind of reminds me of Perkerson's holes 2/3 string line during tourneys.
Last edited by craigd on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Dickerson
PDGA# 38061
ADGO# 258
craigd
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:47 pm

No - there is no artificial OB anywhere on the course - as it is not needed. It would have been nice to have the 25 foot trees on property we were told could go in there to divide the fairways, but their tree spade machine broke down and it wasn't economically feasible for them to repair it to transplant 25 trees. So we have the dividing trees that in 5-6 years will make a big difference - but not so much as of now - except that it at least gives a visual divide to the 2 holes as well as they can come into play if you land close enough to them to affect your runup or shot selection.

The OB's are surrounded by water in any creek, and in any gravel road.

Of course the 2 meter penalty is always in play there for doubles and any Event I run there.

And the only other thing always in play there is playing from the short pad on 3.

When 18 plays to the alternate position (which it will for doubles tomorrow AND the GSSS Event) there is a MANDO to the left side of the first tree across the road.
keith johnson

Postby Bhuff » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Had fun out there today! Train finally slowed as we were leaving. Just remembered we forgot the disc ctp, whoops. Curious if payouts usually fluctuate out there? Noticed payouts were different with same number of attendees in past dubs.
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:41 am

10 players! (including 2 players on thier first time ever playing the course)

1st place Gerrit V. / Bryan H. $60 shooting a 53
2nd place Tim R./ Keith $40 shooting a 59

Ace fund will start at $77 at the MARCH 3rd Sunday doubles the day after the 1st GSSS Event of 2012.
Start time for Doubles in MAR through the end of Daylight Savings Time will be 2 PM

Sorry about the disc Bryan - everyone was in a hurry to get dry and leave - but you can pick it up at the GSSS Event - PLEASE remind me.

I told everyone at the JAN doubles that I would be using the 2/3 - 1/3 payout system going forward - and I hope that a $5 per person difference in the top heavy payout ($70/$30) versus 2/3 - 1/3 payout ($60 /$40) will not keep anyone from coming out.
Payouts are "new" in 2012 / the way they always used to be until Wes made some changes for Central and Wills and I was using the payout sheet for Wills which is top heavy to winners due to the nature of that crowd.
I've always run doubles (for 16 years in Miami and Tucson before moving here) with the 2/3 - 1/3 method which is more fair to all players AND stiil gives the winners a good return on their buy in - as first place triples their pay in amount for most scenarios.

Here is a quck snapshot of some of the payouts.
At 4-6 players (need minimum of 4 to hold official doubles- otherwise we play singles or some other side games) - it is winning team takes all.
At 7 players -2/3 1/3 split and there are 2 teams paid.
At 13 players the 3rd place gets added and gets $20 with the remaining money split 2/3 - 1/3
At 18 players 4 spots are paid - last place gets 20 - 3rd gets 30 -the top 2 split 2/3 -1/3
and so on and so on up the ladder - I have a spreadsheet covering payouts up to 40 players.
keith johnson

Postby Bhuff » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 am

No worries! Was just curious since my buddy was asking and I wasn't sure. I didn't know this course was as close to me as it was, so we will be back more often for the dubs.
Bhuff
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 am

Sweet - Being that it is only a few miles from 85 / 985 - it is less than a hour from downtown ATL, Athens, Blairsville, and within 40-45 minutes of Wills, ERP and less than 35 from Central.

10 minutes from Gainesville straight up from the stationary train downtown.

Tell your friends and bring as many peopel as you can in the future, so we can see this place grow - they will let me put in another 9 holes in the future (including a shot acrosss the pond behind #5's tee if the numbers improve in the coming year where it is feasible to spend the cash to buy 9 more baskets and pay the staff to clear more holes build pads, etc. - the other 9 would be more wooded with only 2-4 holes in the open.
But if it comes about - it would allow you to play 27 holes, 2 different sets of 18 holes or several other configurations.

See you in MARCH,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Reminder that doubles this SUN MARCH 18th starts at 2pm!

AND a reminder that...........
Anyone who plays in the 1st Event who stays overnight or returns the next day to play the monthly 3rd Sunday doubles on the 18th at 2pm will play for only $5* with the payout still based on a $15 entry and a GUARANTEED $100 PER PLAYER to be paid to the winning team if there are at least 15 teams entered.

*all non-Event players will pay the usual $15 doubles Entry fee.

Rustic Camping and TeePee "glamping" with Heat or A/C and electric are available by reservations - Please tell them you are playing in the Event when you book as someone will also receive 1 night of their stay paid for by me at a drawing to be held at the awards ceremony. I will choose from the names given to me by the NGCT staff, so make sure to let them know to have a chance to win!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:45 pm

11 players!

1st place Ryan Adams (odd dog) $70 shooting a 52
2nd place Chris S. / Pat $40 shooting a 53 Won playoff)
2nd place Jordy / Robby shooting a 53
2nd place Timothy L./ Bryan H. shooting a 53
2nd place Brian Y./ Braxton L. shooting a 53

Ace fund will start at $88 at the APRIL 15 3rd Sunday doubles the day after the 2nd GSSS Event of 2012.

Start time for Doubles in APR through the end of Daylight Savings Time will be 2 PM

You forgot to remind me EITHER DAY about the disc again Bryan - but you can pick it up at the next GSSS Event or dubs on the 15th - PLEASE AGAIN remind me. :mrgreen:

Pins on 4, 7 and 9 were moved after doubles today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:56 am

Reminder about Doubles on APRIL 15th at 2PM which is the day AFTER GSSS #2 at the Campbell Property - so you can play 2 PAR 61 courses on 1 weekend and then tell all your friends about the 2 nicest PAR 61 courses in the metro ATL area!

Also a note that the MAY 3rd Sunday doubles will be on the FIRST SUNDAY May 6th as part of the USDGC Extrvaganza which the 3rd round and the FINALS will be held at NGCT.
We will also be hosting a large celebration on MAY 6th of the 1 year anniversary of the course which is on APRIL 9th (a smaller celebration will be held on the APRIL 3rd Sunday doubles) with prizes and giveaways so come on out and enjoy the day, watch Georgia's Rep to the USDGC get crowned and play some golf at the best permanent PAR 61 course in the state.

See you there!
keith johnson

Postby djester#2 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:13 pm

:-?
djester#2
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:15 pm

Several of the regular doubles players had played at GSSS #2 yesterday and were not in shape to play another challenging par 61 today, but there was 4 players Carlos Rodriguez, Mark Spaugh and Mark Campbell along with Brad Traylor who were there to play a BagTag challenge, so we all played singles.

Ace fund starts at $88 for the next month's Doubles which again will be on MAY 6th to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the course opening as well as crown Georgia's rep for the USDGC so come on out and give it a shot! (there will be NO DOUBLES on the third Sunday in MAY as the MAY 6th date is the date for Doubles in MAY)

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat May 05, 2012 10:33 pm

Reminder about tomorrow!

Ace fund starts at $88 for the this month's Doubles which again will be on MAY 6th to celebrate the 1 year anniversary of the course opening as well as crown Georgia's rep for the USDGC so come on out and give it a shot! (there will be NO DOUBLES on the third Sunday in MAY as the MAY 6th date is the date for Doubles in MAY)

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Reminder that the next 3rd Sunday Doubles is on Father's Day June 17th.

Last year we had 18 players come out to enjoy Father's Day with some Disc Golf at NGCT.

Ace fund starts at $88.

I'll guarantee a $100 first place payoff if there is at least 10 players (instead of the normal $60) and $150 if there is at least 20 players (instead of the normal $100).

There is no better way to spend Father's Day after you have your breakfast in bed than to say you are going to win some BONUS CASH playing at NGCT!!!

Hope to see everyone there,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 am

2 days until the BONUS CASH payouts (if #'s are met) at NGCT!!

See you there - we draw around 1:55 PM.

Hope to see all the dads taking advantage of their day by playing Disc Golf!

Keith
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round JUNE Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

8 players!

1st place $50 Jordy / Keith shooting a 52
2nd place $30 Zane W. / Tim L. shooting a 54

Ace fund will start at $96 at the JULY 22nd 4th SUNDAY Doubles (PDGA Worlds is on 3rd Sunday)

Start time for Doubles through the end of Daylight Savings Time will be 2 PM

Pins on 9, 13, 16 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Gentle reminder that the 3rd SUNDAY doubles will be on the 22nd due to Worlds in Charlotte on the 15th - See you there for a 2 PM start!!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Ace fund will start at $96 at the JULY 22nd 4th SUNDAY Doubles (PDGA Worlds is on 3rd Sunday) TOMORROW!!!

Start time for Doubles through the end of Daylight Savings Time is 2 PM

Hope to see you there!
keith johnson

Re: Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round JUNE Results

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 am

9 players!

It was a Lawrence family sweep!

1st place $60 Tim Lawrence (odd dog) - 51
2nd place $30 Braxton Lawrence / Chris Senador - 53

Ace fund will start at $105 at the AUG 19th 3rd SUNDAY Doubles

Pins on 4, 7, and 17 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Reminder that tonmorrow SUN AUG 19th is the 3rd Sunday and Ace fund will start at $105 plus entries.

If anyone has any used discs that they wouldn't mind donating, please bring them with you as the loaners that NGCT has been giving out to students and others who play are getting depleted.

I'll be bringing about 10 or so from my last 10 years that aren't used any longer.
Whatever you can do is appreciated.

See everyone there,
Keith
keith johnson

Re: Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round AUG Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

6 players!

1st place $60 Jordy / Keith shooting a 50

Ace fund will start at $116 at the SEPT 16th 3rd Sunday doubles.

Pins on 9, 13, 16 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:59 pm

If you are looking to be able to throw your drivers more than a few times after this past weekend at the fabulous Lake Russell experience - Every 3rd Sunday Doubles at North Georgia Canopy Tours (which goes on all year long) has its' next appearance THIS SUN - Ace Fund is up to $116, so come join us for all the action starting at 2PM.

See you there!

Keith
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round SEPT Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:56 pm

7 players!

1st place $50 Jon P. / Braxton - 51 (won playoff)
2nd place $20 Tim L. / Brett - 51

Ace fund will start at $123 at the OCT 21st 3rd Sunday doubles.

Pins on 4 & 7 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:18 pm

Would you like to play doubles for free?
Are you rated 974 or over and would like to win $100 bucks??
If you answered yes to these 2 questions, please come out to the 3rd Sunday doubles at North Georgia Canopy Tours on OCT 21st (next Sunday - 2PM start with draw at 1:55PM) and check out all the changes on this Par 61 beauty of a course.
A sponsor has donated entries for up to ten 974 or higher rated players to come check out the course.
Matt Dollar, Mat Crider, Tim Ellis, Patrick Kellner, Cody Britain, Johnathon Matlack, Vach, Kevin McCoy, and anyone else meeting the criteria can play for free and be eligible for the $100 per player on the winning team!
The format will be random draw with 1 player coming from the 974 and higher pool and 1 player from the under 974 pool for THIS MONTH ONLY per sponsor suggestion so that top rated players will come out and check out the course. The decks are all treated with non skid coatings so footing is no longer an issue no matter the weather.
Hole 5 will play to the new pin position making it a true par 4, and with the course being maintained beautifully now and the cooler weather makes this a "no brainer", if you would like to play for free and win some big money.
Ace fund is at $123 plus $1 per player that shows next Sun. and there are few holes that can be had.

Hope to see you there!
Keith
keith johnson

Postby bryang33 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am

So if there are not enough 974+ players to make teams with all the people that show up, is the winning team still elliglbe for 100 bucks per person? Ie if two 930 players get paired up...
bryang33
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:59 pm

bryang33 wrote:So if there are not enough 974+ players to make teams with all the people that show up, is the winning team still elliglbe for 100 bucks per person? Ie if two 930 players get paired up...

The winning team NO MATTER the ratings will win a MINIMUM of $100 per person - and if over 40 players show up it will be more than $100 per person as that is the top prize for 40 players (20 teams) normally.

Just show up and have a good time - the weather will be perfect - the course is looking good and the 2 pools thing will will be worked out no matter what the #'s are.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Confirmation of a Matt Dollar return to NGCT for the chance at the cash - just a reminder for everyone to please try to be there by 1:45 so that we can get everyone and everything settled and draw at 1:55PM - see everyone there!

Keith
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round OCT Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 pm

28 players!

It seems that asking the higher rated guys to play for free brought out all the other players who wanted the chance to play with some top dogs........
BUT.............ONLY 5 players rated over 974 showed up :oops: (including 2 from TN :o :mrgreen: ) and there were 12 players there for the first time ever, and a few there for only the 2nd time!

Winning the 45 dollar per player bonus donated by the sponsor (to make it a $100 per player on winning team!) was Matt (I only play here in OCT) Dollar and Tim Lawrence!
To even out the sides the next 9 highest rated players were moved to the top pool, and got to play for FREE!!

The scores were extremely close as the top 10 scores from the 14 teams were only 5 strokes apart.

Everyone loved the changes to hole 5 to make it a true par 4.

I hope now that several other players have seen the course, that they will let their friends know about it and that this course that is only 1 year, 6 months and 12 days old will get the love it deserves.

Keith

Results below:
1st place $200 Dollar / Tim L. - 49
2nd place $70 Dylan / Gabe - 50
3rd place $50 Zak K. / Jody - 51
4th place $30 Cody / Jason - 53 (won playoff for 4th on 3rd hole)
4th place $20 Mike H. / Bobby - 53 (won playoff for 5th on 1st hole)
4th place Bryan G. / Nick - 53

Ace fund will start at $151 at the NOV 18th 3rd Sunday doubles.

Start time for Doubles through the end of NON Daylight Savings Time (Eastern Standard Time) will be NOON with a draw at 11:55 AM

Pins on 5 & 17 were moved today.
keith johnson

Postby Corndawg13 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Great doubles event Keith and the course looks better then great!

I almost aced hole 16 in the playoff but fell short, guess I need to hit the weight room!
Bobby Corn
Cell - 678.697.6532
PDGA #43596

Corndawg13
Champion Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 am

REMINDER - THE START TIME is now NOON until MARCH 3rd SUNDAY Doubles

Due to my daughters concert dates changing from THURS, FRI, SAT to THURS, SAT, SUN - I will NOT be there for the 3rd SUN doubles this month on the 18th - but doubles could still be happening although alot of the regulars are going to Wahalla,SC for a doubles Event.
NGCT has the payout sheets there and you will need to check in at the Command Center to see any updated info - if there at least 4 PAYING players it counts as an official doubles.

I'll see everyone on DEC 16th at noon.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:44 pm

For the DEC doubles at NGCT I'm going to give the biggest supporters of the course a special holiday deal .

If your rating is under 915, doubles will only cost you $5!

If your rating is 916-950, doubles will only cost you $10!

951 and higher will pay the usual price of $15 since they played for free last time.

There will still be the same payout as if there was a full entry fee being paid AND the winning team will get $100 PER PERSON!!
We will also have anyone with a 951 or higher rating playing with someone with a rating under 950 for this SPECIAL year end Doubles - as that format seemed to work well and create tight scores (12 of the 14 teams in OCT were within 6 strokes of the win)

Other specials available at this month's Doubles from NGCT:
1) For anyone bringing someone who has NEVER played the course - that person and the person(s) they bring will NOT have to pay greens fees!
2) There will be a special contest after the round and CTP's during the round for FREE NGCT certificates AND a free 2 hour Canopy Tour!
3) There is a special invatation to the top 3 doubles teams (Dollar and Tim Lawrence, Matt Rudzinski and Rob Kelly, Keith and Chris Senador) that have the best scores on the 3 most used layouts and they will play for FREE - PLUS a special Trophy will given to the team that has the best score at this doubles to celebrate the year end (Trophy made by a NGCT staff member)

There will also be a FREE raffle ticket given out with each entry for a drawing at the end of Doubles payouts and contests (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!)

As Lexus says in their ads - "It will be a December to remember"

Don't forget the start time is NOON and signups will start at 11:41 AM, so come on out and join us at NGCT instead of fighting the holiday shopping crowds and maybe win some presents (or cash) for youself!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Just a reminder coming up in 2 days!!
Prizes are already ready to go (there are SEVERAL prizes to be given away) - FREE tickets with a chance to win one of the prizes just for showing up!

For the DEC doubles at NGCT I'm going to give the biggest supporters of the course a special holiday deal .

If your rating is under 915, doubles will only cost you $5!

If your rating is 916-950, doubles will only cost you $10!

951 and higher will pay the usual price of $15 since they played for free last time.

There will still be the same payout as if there was a full entry fee being paid AND the winning team will get $100 PER PERSON!!
We will also have anyone with a 951 or higher rating playing with someone with a rating under 950 for this SPECIAL year end Doubles - as that format seemed to work well and create tight scores (12 of the 14 teams in OCT were within 6 strokes of the win)

Other specials available at this month's Doubles from NGCT:
1) For anyone bringing someone who has NEVER played the course - that person and the person(s) they bring will NOT have to pay greens fees!
2) There will be a special contest after the round and CTP's during the round for FREE NGCT certificates AND a free 2 hour Canopy Tour!
3) There is a special invatation to the top 3 doubles teams (Dollar and Tim Lawrence, Matt Rudzinski and Rob Kelly, Keith and Chris Senador) that have the best scores on the 3 most used layouts and they will play for FREE - PLUS a special Trophy will given to the team that has the best score at this doubles to celebrate the year end (Trophy made by a NGCT staff member)

There will also be a FREE raffle ticket given out with each entry for a drawing at the end of Doubles payouts and contests (MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!)

As Lexus says in their ads - "It will be a December to remember"

Don't forget the start time is NOON and signups will start at 11:41 AM, so come on out and join us at NGCT instead of fighting the holiday shopping crowds and maybe win some presents (or cash) for youself!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:31 pm

38 (THIRTY EIGHT!!) players came out today despite the promise of all day rain - which was there from start of the round and is still going on now....
8 of those were first timers to the course, and a few had only played a couple times last year - with players coming from Macon and TN.

There was a tie for First with 52's with the 4 players agreeing to split the $270 which was upped to $280 for a payout of $70 per person instead of playing sudden death for $100 per person and $35 per person. :shock:
There was a throwoff inside the command center from about 75 feet to determine who would win the 2 trophies for the winning teams. Dollar's partner left, so he and Kevin from Zak's team ended up each taking one trophy.
1 person from each team was the closest to the basket and took home the lovely handmade trophies.

Jody has created a trail going from hole 15's basket through the woods (even building a bridge over the ravine) to 16's tees to eliminate the walk to the road and up the goat trail that wears everyone out - MUCH THANKS for the great job!

7 of the 19 teams got paid with 10 strokes separating the top 16 teams and only 5 strokes separating the 7 cashing spots.
1st place $140 Dollar / Kevin? - 52
1st place $140 Zak K. / Kevin ? - 52
3rd place $55 Fred W. / Raury S. - 53
3rd place $55 Cody / Bryson - 53
5th place $40 Mike Alessi / Brad B. - 54
6th place $30 Zane W. / Jerry - 56
7th place $20 Brandon / Jody - 57

The ace fund will be at $189 at the first 3rd SUN doubles in 2013 on JAN 20th!

Hopefully we will see everyone again in the new year at NGCT!!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:53 pm

Reminder that this Sunday at NOON is the first 3rd Sunday doubles of 2013 at North Georgia Canopy Tours!!

In honor of the Falcons playing in the NFC Championship game everyone who attends will only pay $10 plus greens fee (if applicable) and the payouts will still be the usual based on full entry!

We will be done in plenty of time for everyone to be home for most of the game (at least in time for the second half when all the good stuff will be happening anyways :) )

There is the $189 dollar (plus entries) Ace Fund and a couple of other surprise goodies to be had.

You can make it a great weekend of Disc golf by playing Haywood Valley on SAT and NGCT on SUN!!!

Look forward to seeing everyone there,

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 pm

UPDATE!!!

Since the weather will be good for 3rd SUN doubles, I'll let the cat out of the bag for 1 of the goodies being given away - FREE Entry to Lake Russell - no matter what division you are playing - PLUS a FREE tee sign with your text that will be on the same hole as the NGCT Tsign.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 pm

16 PLAYERS!!!

1st place $90 Andrew / Ryan W. - 51 (won playoff)
2nd place $50 Brett P. / Mark C. - 51
3rd place $20 Jordy / Tim L. - 53

Ace Fund will be at $205 at the next 3rd Sunday doubles on FEB 17th

Pins on 4 and 16 are in "B" positions.

Jordy Boyd won the free Entry to Lake Russell!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Reminder that THIS SUN is 3rd SUN doubles at North Georgia Canopy Tours and will start at NOON!

Ace fund is at $205.
Come on out for the last time at High Noon until NOV (start time is 2PM starting in MAR) and support NGCT!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:33 pm

20 Players!!!

4 "new to the course" players including 1 from Indianapolis visiting family, and Georgia's newest female Disc Golfer Marilyn Estes!
Brad Bowman and his partner take first in the 20 MPH winds and 34 degree (26 Wind Chill) temps.
Come on out and bring your freinds to NGCT and check out all the new things at the course.

1st place $100 Brad B. / David - 53
2nd place $50 Jody / Andrew - 54
3rd place $30 Tim L. / Keith - 56
4th place $20 Bryan H. / Mark (I stayed off the Chicken Shack roof today) Spaugh - 57 :mrgreen:

Ace fund for the March 3rd SUN doubles on MAR 17th which starts at 2PM will start at $225!!!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Something new NGCT started in FEB to reward the regular Disc Golfers (I didn't know the start date), but we will be drawing a ticket at EVERY 3rd SUNDAY Doubles and that person will win some goody from NGCT - free round, soda, ice cream or something similar - (as they haven't decided yet) and then all of the tickets will be thrown out after each drawing (except the winners) - THEN every Quarter we will draw at 3rd SUN Doubles from the 3 MONTHLY winners for a big prize from NGCT - Zipline tour, teepee stay, annual pass, or something similar - (as they haven't decided yet) - there is no limit to the amount of tickets you can turn in, but you MUST check-in with them to do it...(you can't go back a week later and say you played 5 times before but forgot to get your ticket).

The first drawing will be at the 3rd SUNDAY Doubles on MAR 17th starting at 2PM (YEAH daylight savings time!!) and there will also be other goodies from ME on St. Patrick's Day if you show up to play!

See you there........

$5 bonus to whoever correctly guesses who the first winner will be from NGCT from all the tickets turned in the first 6-7 weeks.
Answers must be posted only at: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4132
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Since the weather is to be in the upper 60's / low 70's (Depending on TV Station) for 3rd SUN doubles on St. Patrick's Day, - hopefully there will be a great turnout!

Time for signups will start at 1:46PM, drawing for doubles partners is at 1:54PM and 2 PM start time.

Ace fund will start at $225 plus entries!

Also keep in mind that we will draw for the first of the montlhy winners from NGCT :mrgreen:
(who is also eligible to be one of the 3 people with a shot to win the quarterly drawing - need NOT be present to win)............

.................and a little birdy tells me there will be a $2 raffle tickets (limit 5 tickets per person) sold to win for something happening in SEPT in another city in GA. :shock:
(Winner will be drawn AFTER the NGCT drawing and winner MUST be present to win)

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Less than 2 days!!

It's now supposed to be beautiful and in the mid 70's and no chance of rain...

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby heartman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Didn't hit McCurry's $350+ ace fund last Sunday, so I guess I'll have to settle for NGCT's $225 this week 8)
McCurry Action - Sundays @ 10am

Athens Disc Golf on Facebook: Group and Page

Fayette County Disc Golf Club on Facebook and Disc Golf Scene
heartman
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:47 pm

42 players (New record!!) came out today.

Several first time players and several "only played once a while ago" players

7 of the 21 teams got paid with 9 strokes separating the top 16 teams and only 5 strokes separating the 7 cashing spots.

1st place $150 Austin / Matt Versola - 48
2nd place $80 Bryan H. / Brad Bowman - 50
3rd place $55 Andrew / Nick - 51
3rd place $55 David / Jim Corder - 51
5th place $30 Edge / Brad Brundage - 52
5th place $30 Gabe / Tokio - 52
7th place $10 Tim E / Jody - 53
7th place $10 Tim R / Keith - 53

The ace fund will be at $266 at the next SUN doubles on APRIL 21st when the course celebrates it's 2 year anniversary (opened April 9th, 2011)!!

Hopefully we will see everyone again next month at NGCT!!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 pm

The weather is to be in the low 70's for 3rd SUN doubles on APRIL 21st, - hopefully there will be a great turnout again like the 42 Players last month!

Time for signups will start at 1:46PM, drawing for doubles partners is at 1:54PM and 2 PM start time.

Ace fund will start at $266 plus entries!

Hopefully the "river of mulch" is / will be completed by SUN and when it is it will help 5/6 look MUCH more defined and even more visibly appealing!
Also hoping the grass on 5 long has taken hold...

Also keep in mind that we will draw for the next of the monthly winners from NGCT :mrgreen:
(who is also eligible to be one of the 3 people with a shot to win the quarterly drawing - need NOT be present to win monthly or quarterly drawings)............

There could be info or a way to win for something happening in SEPT in another city in GA. (or not)

FREE Drawing for a $100 bill if we hit 50+ players!

Tell your friends to come check out the NGCT - They will not be disappointed!

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Last reminder for SUN..........

River of mulch is progressing......

Picture below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:05 pm

31 players came out today.

The "River of Mulch" is complete!!!
NGCT bought the Disc Golfers a 2nd Anniversary double stuff cookie cake to celebrate the course being open 2 years which was enjoyed by all the players.
Thanks to NGCT for thinking of us!

A few first time players and a few "only played once a while ago" players.

1st place $110 Tim Ellis / Matt R. - 48
2nd place $70 Dollar / Dylan - 50
2nd place $70 Cody / Trevor - 50
4th place $40 Tim L. / Jon Plotky - 51
5th place $20 Robbie W. / Bryson - 52

The ace fund will be at $297 at the next SUN doubles on MAY 19th

No one won the guessing game for April - we'll try again for MAY.

Keep your eyes open on the Tournament thread here on the ADGO site for news about TWO exciting upcoming Events at NGCT in MAY and JUNE.

New pin position on 1 was used for the first time today - Baskets 10 and 13 also moved today.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue May 14, 2013 5:39 pm

The weather is supposed to be in the upper 70's for 3rd SUN doubles on MAY 19th, - hopefully there will be a great turnout again like the 42 and 31 Players that have come out in the last 2 months!
We should have a couple of states of the Georgia Team Invitational Players from the region coming to see the course and / or practice the course for Next Months Event!

Ace fund will start at $297 plus entries!

Also keep in mind that we will draw for the next of the monthly winners from NGCT :mrgreen:
(who is also eligible to be one of the 3 people with a shot to win the quarterly drawing - need NOT be present to win monthly or quarterly drawings)............

Tell your friends to come check out the NGCT - They will not be disappointed!

Keith
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round - MAY Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun May 19, 2013 8:34 pm

12 players came out today.

The weather held off for the first 12 holes and then only light rain for 3-4 holes with the sun coming out to finish the round.

1st place $80 Andrew F. / Keith - 52
2nd place $40 Bryan H. / Tim R. - 54 (won playoff for 2nd)
2nd place Jody / Clint - 54
2nd place Tim L. / Brian Yoe - 54

The ace fund will be at $309 at the next SUN doubles on JUNE 16th

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:55 am

8 days until the 3rd SUN doubles on Father's Day as always!

Ace Fund is at $309..........Be sure to bring extra cash or a check/money order if you have been following along this year and you know what I mean.... :shock: :mrgreen:

The course will be in great shape as the 1st Annual GTI will be held there the following weekend JUNE 22&23rd with 64 players from 4 states playing Match Play to determine the best of the Southeast!

Don't say you weren't warned,
Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 am

7 Days until..............
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm

5 days until the 3rd SUN doubles on Father's Day as always!

Ace Fund is at $309.........LAST REMINDER.........Be sure to bring extra cash or a check/money order if you have been following along this year and you know what I mean.... :shock: :mrgreen:

The course will be in great shape as the 1st Annual GTI will be held there the following weekend JUNE 22&23rd with 64 players from 3 states playing Match Play to determine the best of the Southeast!

See you there,
Keith
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round - JUNE Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:24 pm

18 players came out to play on Father's Day!

1st place $80 Tim L. / Tokio - 49
2nd place $50 Braxton / Matlack - 51
3rd place $30 Forrest / Keith - 52
4th place $10 Dollar / Gabe - 53 (teams split)
4th place $10 Dylan / Jason - 53 (teams split)

The ace fund will be at $327 at the next SUN doubles on JULY 21st

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:33 pm

See JUNE 8th post.......for those that were at Father's Day doubles------July 21st at 3rd SUN Doubles will be your 24 hour window.........to everyone who wasn't there, but want to be THERE :) will have an opportunity to find out the latest.......everyone else will find out when they find out.......Keith
keith johnson

Postby Johnson90512 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:32 am

Keith, I am coming to this tournament, and just wanted to set things straight. It's $20 to play correct? anything else I need to know?
Johnson90512
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:23 am

It is $15 to play 3rd SUN Doubles and a $5 greens fee to NGCT (paid to them at the Command Center when you arrive) or you can give it to me to give to them when you pay for Doubles.

Any other info about 3rd SUN Doubles is said at the meeting when we draw teams.

Look forward to seeing you there and please introduce yourself.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby Johnson90512 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Oh Thank you!

Sorry, My name is Kyle, and I will be bringing at least 2 more people with me this time around! I appreciate the information and hope to see you there!
Johnson90512
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Johnson90512 wrote:Oh Thank you!

Sorry, My name is Kyle, and I will be bringing at least 2 more people with me this time around! I appreciate the information and hope to see you there!

Great Kyle! - I pretty much have to be there since I run it. :mrgreen:
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:37 pm

Final reminder for those 8 players on Father's Day 3rd SUN doubles that didn't take advantage that day
(Forrest, Dylan, Austin, Andrew, Lackey, Tokio, Jason, and Ritger) -
July 21st at 3rd SUN Doubles will be your 24 hour window - and then you return to mere mortals like the others who are patiently waiting. :mrgreen:

For everyone else who wasn't there, but want to be THERE :) - This Sunday the rest of you will have an opportunity to find out the latest.......
and then everyone else will find out when they find out.......

As of now 59 spots for LR and 39 spots for ZLO........

Ace fund will start at $327 plus entries!

See you Sunday,

Keith
keith johnson

JULY 2013 Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:35 pm

48 players (New record!!) came out today.

19 Players stayed out of the 24 from the ADGO Bag Tag Challenge with 29 others coming only for the 3rd SUN Doubles round.

Ace Fund split (188 each player) with Gabe foster hitting hole 13 "A" position and Mike Robinson hitting Hole 3 which also netted him $48 for the CTP for a total of
$232 for his 4 dollar CTP and Ace entry fees in his first time ever playing doubles.

15 or so first time players and several "only played once a while ago" players.

8 of the 24 teams got paid with only 6 strokes separating the top 20 teams and only 3 strokes separating the 8 cashing spots.

1st place $130 Chris S. / Zak K. - 51
2nd place $100 Forrest / Mike R. - 52
3rd place $70 Chris F. / Tokio - 53(won playoff for 3rd place)
3rd place $50 Tim L. / Jason O'Herron - 53(won playoff for 4th place)
3rd place $40 Andrew F. / Logan - 53 (won playoff for 5th place)
3rd place $40 Dale H. / Bryson - 53 (won playoff for 6th place)
3rd place $30 Gabe / James - 53
8th place $20 Clint / Mike H. - 54 (won playoff for 8th place)
8th place Jody / Carlos - 54
8th place Matt Versola / Braxton - 54

The ace fund will be at ZERO at the next SUN doubles on AUGUST 18th

keith johnson

Postby Sasquatch » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Just checking, but Matt Versola must be talented finishing 1st and 8th. Must have had a clone playing or something.
Sasquatch
Barney

Postby Dale H » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:46 am

Keith, thanks for running another fun event. Kudos to you, Jason and the NGCT folks for keeping the course in great condition especially given all the rain in recent weeks.

Dale
Dale H
DX Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Dale H wrote:Keith, thanks for running another fun event. Kudos to you, Jason and the NGCT folks for keeping the course in great condition especially given all the rain in recent weeks.

Dale

Glad you enjoyed the visit Dale!
It is the Disc Golfer Jody McCall that takes care of the course from the NGCT staff.
keith johnson

Postby Cha Ching » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:07 pm

Sasquatch wrote:Just checking, but Matt Versola must be talented finishing 1st and 8th. Must have had a clone playing or something.

And Brad Bowman was not there....I think that should be Brad Brundage?
Team Greenhill Woods
Cha Ching
Pro Plastic

Postby keith johnson » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:10 pm

Cha Ching wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:Just checking, but Matt Versola must be talented finishing 1st and 8th. Must have had a clone playing or something.

And Brad Bowman was not there....I think that should be Brad Brundage?

Nope-- I cut and pasted from the 42 player day and forgot to change names for 1st and 2nd place teams when I changed the scores.
keith johnson

Postby Johnson90512 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:46 am

Thank you for putting that on, had a great first time there, and we plan to be back as often as possible! See you in August!
Johnson90512
Barney

Postby Sasquatch » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:13 pm

That's okay Keith, we knew you would get it fixed. Knew it was something silly. Besides not like you haven't had any other turmoil to deal with since the doubles anyway.
Sasquatch
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:34 pm

Reminder that this Sunday coming up AUG 18th will be the next 3rd SUN Doubles - signup begins at 1:43PM with the draw at 1:52PM.

Hope to see everyone there!
keith johnson

8/18 results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:49 pm

9 Players!

1st place $60 Chris S. / Zak - 55
2nd place $30 Phoebe / Keith - 56 (Won Playoff)
2nd place Jody / Brett - 56

The ace fund will be at $9 at the next SUN doubles on SEPT 15th.

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Reminder that this Sunday coming up SEPT 15th will be the next 3rd SUN Doubles - signup begins at 1:43PM with the draw at 1:52PM.

Ace fund starts at $9.

Hope to see everyone there!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:29 am

For those of you not going to the Augusta Event, the pins will be in Event positions for the 3rd Annual Zip Line Open for Sunday doubles tomorrow, so you can practice if you wish.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Keith
keith johnson

9/15 results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 pm

18 Players!

Andrew Fish hits the ace for 26 dollars on Hole 3 plus chains out on 3 other baskets leading to a -10 in the first 9 holes which gave us enough of a cushion to play 3 down in the back 9 and still pull out the win!

1st place $80 Andrew / Keith - 48
2nd place $50 Jody / Tim L. - 51
3rd place $25 Nathan S. / Jordy - 52 (split)
3rd place $25 Braxton / Nathan G. - 52 (split)

The ace fund will be at $0 at the next SUN doubles on OCT 20th.

keith johnson

10/20 results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:13 pm

17 Players!

1st place $90 Philip Zakas / Bryson - 48
2nd place $50 Phillip Tyler-Belt / Phebe Kemmer - 49
3rd place $15 Dollar / Chris Senador - 50 (split)
3rd place $15 Zak Kemmer / Chad Yeatts - 50 (split)

The ace fund will be at $17 at the next SUN doubles on NOV 17th.

REMINDER next 4 months (NOV, DEC, JAN, FEB the start time is NOON! Signup at 11:48AM draw at 11:56AM

Hopefully we will see everyone again next month at NGCT!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Last reminder about 3rd SUN Dubs at NGCT - Start time is NOON.
Ace fund starts at $17.........
Weather is supposed mid 60's all day, so come on out and join in the fun!

Since Ritger is having a workday at "theP" only a half hour away from McCurry's action, I figured we still could respect McCurry's action scheduled on 3rd SUN by being 2+ hours away. :)
keith johnson

Every 3rd Sunday Doubles Year Round NOV Results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:52 pm

6 players!

1st place $60 Tim L. / Braxton - 54

Ace fund will start at $23 at the DEC 15th 3rd Sunday doubles.

Start time for Doubles will be NOON!

Pins on 5, 10, and 17 were moved today.
keith johnson

Dec results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:03 pm

10 players!

Dollar, PTB, and Chad Yeatts came out to try and win the $100 per player bonus and they joined the regular players on a BEAUTIFUL cloud free day at NGCT.
15 of the 18 holes (4R, 6, and 11 are not) are ace runs from the short tees, but no one claimed the Ace Fund bounty.

We played short tees for the 1st time and Philip Tyler Belt and Zak Kemmer take home the Holiday bonus $40 on top of their $60 first place money by throwing a 43 from the short pads (played 3 long :) )

1st place - $60 Zak / Philip - 43
2nd place - 40 Brett / Chad Y. - 48

Ace fund will start at $33 at the JAN 2014 3rd SUN Doubles on JAN 19th.

Start time will be NOON and by unanimous vote we will play the short tees again - so come on out and try your best to break the record!
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:33 pm

Reminder about 3rd SUN Dubs at NGCT - Start time is NOON - draw is at 11:52 AM.

Playing short pins and short tees everyone should get home in time to watch the 1st playoff game, as last month we finished at 2:20 PM
Ace fund starts at $33.........
Weather is supposed mid 40's all day, so come on out and join in the fun!

1 lucky person will get to be busy the 1st weekend in SEPT.
keith johnson

1/19/14 results

Postby keith johnson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:20 pm

28 Players!

Played short tee pads to short pins.

1st place $110 Tim Ellis / Al Fetta - 45
2nd place $50 Bryson / Chris S. - 47 (agreed to split instead of playoff)
2nd place $50 Fred W. / Tim L. - 47 (agreed to split instead of playoff)
2nd place $50 Mark S. / Al Hause - 47 (agreed to split instead of playoff)
5th place $20 Braxton / Craig D. - 48

The ace fund will be at $61 at the next SUN doubles on FEB16th.

REMINDER next month the start time is NOON! Signup at 11:48AM draw at 11:56AM

Hopefully we will see everyone again next month at NGCT!
Pins are moved on 4 to straight, 7 to right, 9 to right, 16 to straight, 17 to right and we will be playing long tees again as Football season is over.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:28 pm

Friendly reminder that this SUN is 3rd SUN - come enjoy the temps in the 70's and the great feeling of not having to deal with ice again for at least a week!

The ace fund will start at $61 for SUN doubles on FEB16th.

REMINDER start time is NOON! Signup at 11:48AM draw at 11:56AM

Jody will be running the action as I'll be in Arizona celebrating my Grandmother's 94th Birthday!

If there are any aces I'll pay them out in the future.

Have a great time, and I'll see you in MARCH where the start time goes back to 2PM.
Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:31 pm

There were 31 players for the FEB 3rd SUN doubles - no stats from Jody on paid spots or winners.

Friendly reminder that this SUN is 3rd SUN - come enjoy the temps in the 70's!

The ace fund will start at $92 for SUN doubles on MAR 16th.

REMINDER start time is 2PM from now through OCT! Signup at 1:48PM draw at 1:56PM

I'll have the NEW NGCT full color DiscLula minis ($5 each) - and the limited to 30 numbered 2014 NGCT Bag Tags ($10 each)....Info on the Bag Tag Challenge will be posted later this week.
#'s 1,2,3,4,5, 6, and 7 are spoken for / bought already....If you want to get one, buy it now and Don't get shut out!tm

Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:35 pm

4 players!

1st Place $40 Tim L. / Keith - 57

Ace Fund will start at $96 on the next 3rd SUN Doubles on April 20th at 2PM.
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:57 pm

Friendly reminder that this SUN is 3rd SUN - come enjoy the temps in the MID to UPPER 70's!

The ace fund will start at $96 for SUN doubles on APRIL 20th.

All pins will be in positions for GTI and you can see the 11 new trees planted in the River of Mulch and by 4’s long tee pad!

REMINDER start time is 2PM from now through OCT! Signup at 1:48PM draw at 1:56PM

I still have 8 of the NEW NGCT full color DiscLula minis ($5 each) for sale if anyone wants one.

Keith
keith johnson

Postby DirtyDave » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm planning on coming out to doubles for the first time tomorrow how much should i bring. i know the greens fee is $5 is that all or do you take up money for the payouts and ace pot?
DirtyDave
Barney

Postby keith johnson » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 pm

DirtyDave wrote:I'm planning on coming out to doubles for the first time tomorrow how much should i bring. i know the greens fee is $5 is that all or do you take up money for the payouts and ace pot?

$11 minimum buy in - 3 CTP and Ace fund = $15 all in, PLUS greens fees paid to NGCT if there to play before dubs (then just show me your receipt at signup) or paid to me to give to them if you are there for dubs and later after dubs play. We meet at the Kiosk at 1:46PM to take signups and draw at 1:52PM.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Keith
keith johnson

APRIL results

Postby keith johnson » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

12 players!

1st place - $80 Tim L. / Chris S - 49
2nd place - $40 Brett / Keith - 50 (won playoff)
2nd Place - Forrest / Jon P. - 50

Ace fund will start at $108 at the MAY 2014 3rd SUN Doubles on MAY 18th.

keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Wed May 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Reminder that this SUN is 3rd SUN Dubs at North Georgia Canopy Tours in Lula,
so if you couldn't get into Hotlanta, but still want to play a great course with a chance to make cash -
plus maybe get a minimum 108 dollar (plus entries) Ace fund, come on out -1:52 signup - 2PM start!
Hope to see you there!
Keith
keith johnson

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm

From Jody on the MAY results:

6 players

1st Place - $60 Brett Porter / Braxton L. - score???

Ace Fund will start at $118 dollars at the next 3rd SUN Doubles JULY 20th.
keith johnson

Return to North Georgia Canopy Tours DGC