Directions, Scorecard, Map, GPS, Pictures, etc....

Baldwin County - Milledgeville, Ga

Moderators: kevinmzane, ADGO BOD

Directions, Scorecard, Map, GPS, Pictures, etc....

Postby jonp » Thu May 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Directions: Off the 441 Bypass on GCSU West Campus. Turn into main entrance, then right into main parking lot. Go to far side of lot, then down past field/tennis courts to bottom of hill and smaller lot on the left next to Intramural Fields. Park along trees on the right and walk down hill to 1st tee.

Course Coordinates (Lat/Long): 33.078363,-83.261046

Plan Route to the Course: Google Maps

Scorecard:

Map of course: Here

DGcoursereview.com: There

PDGA Course Description: Located on the West Campus of Georgia College and State University.The course is challenging yet fair, with mostly tight forest and shrub obstacles, moderate elevation change, and some very painful briar thickets (actively being removed)! First two holes are open then into the woods with some tight shots.
The facility is closed from sunset to sunrise. The course is on State of Georgia property and is considered a School Zone. No alcohol or drugs. Pets should be leashed.

Pictures Holes 1-:
Hur man än vänder sig är alltid ändan bak
jonp
Site Admin

Re: Directions, Scorecard, Map, GPS, Pictures, etc....

Postby luke » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:57 pm

It's a fun course that's currently getting a little love from newcomer Kevin Zane and company. Can't wait to see the results. He says it'll be awesome by the end of the summer.
luke
Star Plastic

Postby kevinmzane » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks for adding the course... For those of you who haven't been out (or haven't been for a while),there is a full 18 hole layout and there have been several alternate basket placements added (and more to come). Many of the hazardous stick piles have been removed, some of the fairways have been tweaked a little bit, and we are working on improvements on at least a weekly basis. We are currently working on extending 2 of the holes for a couple more alternates followed shortly by finishing up moving the rest of the stick piles. I hope to have the natural teepads free of roots and smooth very soon as well. There isn't much help out here, but the few of us that do make it out there regularly are very hard workers and I'm confident that the course will be hazard-free and well worth a visit by the end of the summer (It IS a lot of fun to play currently, I only say that so hopefully anyone reviewing the course can hopefully keep in mind that it is a work currently in progress and hopefully be gentle). I plan on "officially" kicking off our league by the start of the school year.
kevinmzane
Barney

Postby kevinmzane » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:42 pm

luke wrote:It's a fun course that's currently getting a little love from newcomer Kevin Zane and company. Can't wait to see the results. He says it'll be awesome by the end of the summer.

Well...a little update: I wouldn't call it awesome quite yet, but it is definitely worth another look if it is in your range. There are still a few overgrown fairways and some of the teepads still need some work. We have installed several alternate placements (14 of the 18 holes)! The overall cleanliness and safety of the course has been a top priority and it is looking a lot better. Unfortunately, I was overly optimistic about the expected time frame of our progress, but am very pleased with the progress that we have made. In it's current condition, it is very much playable and very fun. I am confident that over the next few months, not having to deal with insanely fast overgrowth will make progress much easier.
kevinmzane
Barney

Postby luke » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:19 pm

bug me about it one day and I'll come down to see you. maybe we can get the Macon crew to come over---work then dubs?
luke
Star Plastic

Return to Myrtle Ridge