I need help.

Atlanta Area Bag Tag Challenge Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

I need help.

Postby Wookie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm

My job is transferring me to North Carolina sometime next week. The tags are going to ship on the 15th and should be here a few days after that.

I will not be able to run the action for the next couple of years. The tags are paid for and I just need someone to sell them and keep up with the cash and what run the final action at the end of the year.

Anyone wanna do it? I will probably be back home toward the middle to end of next week and can get the tags over to you then. Someone please help me with this. All this happened in the last week or so.
Use the "force" only for good, never for evil

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Re: I need help.

Postby jritger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:24 am

Where you moving to?

I think the best route to get these distributed/sold is to divide them up and get them to the people running weekly action in different parts of town. Get a big chunk to Alexander, I can take some for Perkerson, send some to ERP, etc. There are what, 50 total? Give 20 to Alexander, 10 to me, 20 to ERP. Once all have been sold, that point person could send me a check which I can stick in the ADGO account; then I can get the funds to whoever is running the end of year action. Whoever wants to run it can decide the format/location/etc, or stick to how you've done it in the past @ Redan (which seemed to work pretty well last year).
jritger

Postby Steve Adams » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:18 pm

jritger wrote:Where you moving to?

I think the best route to get these distributed/sold is to divide them up and get them to the people running weekly action in different parts of town. Get a big chunk to Alexander, I can take some for Perkerson, send some to ERP, etc. There are what, 50 total? Give 20 to Alexander, 10 to me, 20 to ERP.

What about holding an initial match. This would allow (hopefully) the top 15-20 tags to get distributed. Then divide the rest out per John's suggestion. Website doesn't show any tournaments scheduled in the area for the first 2 weekends in April (2nd&3rd and 9th&10th).
PDGA# 34138
ADGO# 134
Steve Adams
Pro Plastic

Postby jritger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

good idea -- what about one of those weekends @ JP Moseley for ATL Open warmup?

10am -- 1 round of singles, tags distributed based on where people finish, whoever wants more can re-brew.
jritger

Postby Wookie » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Basically I need to get the tags to someone next weekend because I will be packing up and moving back up here to NC on Sunday of next week.

I will be on the southern coast of NC around Camp LeJune. I found a place just down from the beach on Emerald Isle, it's a pretty sweet place. It looks like my disc golfing is going to slow even farther down but my ball golfing and fishing may take the place of that. I know there are courses around here but they are a bit of a drive to get to them. I will probably be in the action around Wilmington and Raleigh and where ever else I can find it, but the first few months we are going to be balls to the wall working and then come August I will get some time to recover. That said I am probably going to be up here for the next 2.5 years if not a little more.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby dandaman » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:48 pm

jritger wrote:good idea -- what about one of those weekends @ JP Moseley for ATL Open warmup?

10am -- 1 round of singles, tags distributed based on where people finish, whoever wants more can re-brew.

If Moseley is decided on might I suggest the 9th? Primary reason: course will most likely be completely tourney ready at that time. Secondary reason: I'd be able to play...and buy a tag.
Johnson! Keep an eye on that Kherplakistan situation...
dandaman
Star Plastic

Postby Carl Wms » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Good luck Wook!
Carl Wms
Champion Plastic

Postby SKELETOR » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:41 pm

There is a course just outside the gates at Camp Lejuene. There is a blockbuster acroos the street from one of the Camps go down that road and its a small park but very fun. Castle Hayne is a great course. If you can Make the azelea tourney I played it the second year they had it. There is also a pay course in Wil. that is shared with a par 3 ball golf course. This was back in 2004-2006. Have fun.
Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
Ronald Reagan
SKELETOR
DX Plastic

Postby Wookie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

I played the course here in Jacksonville a week or so ago and met one of the locals who said the course was going to get completely redesigned before May. They got permission to use the land on the other side of the street so it should make it a lot more fun. I haven't had time to check out any of the others yet.

The tags are in and Steve Adams is going to run the action. He picked them up so stay tuned to the message board and I am sure he will be posting on when and where to get them from him. A big "THANKS" goes out to Steve since he is the only one who stepped up to help out.

PDGA 24474
ADGO 127
Wookie
Champion Plastic

Postby Rubiks » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 am

THANKS Steve!
Support Collegiate Disc Golf

National Collegiate Disc Golf Championships
Hippodrome Disc Golf Complex
April 12-15, 2012 in North Augusta, SC