Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events (Idea poll included)

Fulton County - Atlanta, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

CTP's for Pro's and Am's should be like this:

Poll ended at Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:03 pm

I like the idea posted in the thread and think it should stay as-is
47%
I like the idea of Pro only & Am only CTP's with Rec's being able to get in on the action
27%
I like the idea of Pro only & Am only CTP's and Rec division should stay free
13%
I think we should combine both divisions money and have 5 CTP's for everyone
13%

Total votes : 15

Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events (Idea poll included)

Postby djester » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:03 pm

ok.... It may change a bit but here is the main info for the action:
2nd Sunday of each month at Perkerson
Two Rounds (Singles)
Buy-in prices:
Pro Division = $20 for action + $5 for CTP's (5 CTP's) = $25 all-in
Am Division = $10 for action + $5 for CTP's (5 CTP's) = $15 all-in
Rec Division (UDGC) = free (i'm toying with the idea of having an optional buy-in for CTP's, but it's not in stone yet!) I would not like to have people getting in this division just to skim the CTP's..... it would actually be for Rec. level players & beginners to win some nice cash & bragging rights :twisted: (kinda what I do with the Rec's at JP Moseley, usually Wade is the only one in this division)
CTP's would be optional.
ok.... this is my idea for CTP's:
Pro's/Am's would have 3 CTP's for them only & the other 2 CTP's would be combined to create "big-payout CTP's"
Division only CTP's would consist of one 1st-shot CTP & two 2nd-shot CTP's, & the combined "big-payout CTP's" would be 1st-shot CTP's & on easier holes with Rec's having a slightly easier/shorter tee pad area (to adjust for skills) ((assuming the Rec's buy-in & the poll doesn't change from where it is now))
:? This all sounds confusing to me too.... that is why I made the poll. I'd like to get some feedback on what people think of this and if it is not liked, we can have division only CTP's or simplify and have one group of CTP's for everyone (not what I'd like to do).
Players Meeting at 9:45
1st round: 10
lunch: after 1st round
2nd round: TBD

*you can re-vote if you change your mind....poll will run for 20 days*
Last edited by djester on Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events (Idea poll included)

Postby djester » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:23 am

If you have any ideas or thoughts, feel free to post them and we can discuss them.
I'm pretty open about this as I think it will be enough work trying to set up the course and get the baskets out before everyone arrives.

I'm not sure what I will do about the OB lines along the creeks as it seems to add about 3 more hours of set-up for the course (if I do it alone)

John.... how would they feel about me painting a line with some sort of semi-visual, but not brightly noticable paint lines?? maybe if I could get some that isn't harmful to the enviroment???
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:57 am

I am thinking the OB lines will be marked by flags this time..... and you'd have to use the group as a deciding factor if the disc is OB or not. Laying down lines/string takes a lot of time (usually the day before & about 3 hours) and I really need to focus on other things.

If a disc lands between two flags, you'd have to draw an imaginary line & decide if the disc is past the line..... if it is really, really close, disc is in bounds (call goes to the player), if the line looks like it would go through the disc, it is in bounds. If a group cannot decide if the disc is in bounds, then feel free to get help from another group..... if another group is not around, mark the disc's lie, play a provisional & explain the scenario to me afterwards.

Most OB areas will be defined by the creek walls & roadways. Sidewalks will be OB with the exception of the one running through the middle of hole 14 & 17's fairway.

Please post with any questions or concerns about anything above..... if you have a betteridea on the OB line marking, I'd love to hear it!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby djester » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:09 pm

If anyone wants to run some more side-action &/or an ace fund, feel free to do so but I don't want to mess with it.

I will add a free CTP (disc) to the action if/when I get a chance. :P
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby SlingShot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:31 pm

I dont think "big payout" CTP's should need a short tee for them to be fair to am's. I am an Am player and distance is not what keeps me there. It is putting and consistancy. That is what seperates pros from ams. Plenty of ams can throw 350-400+ feet.
Andrew Jenkins
SlingShot
Pro Plastic

Postby djester » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:39 pm

I thought about this today and came to the same conclusion... maybe we could put the Rec's in that position and they'd have a better chance of stealing the CTP's from the Am's/Pro's..... ? I'll make the changes in the first post, thanks Andrew!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Dates set:

Sunday Nov 15th
Sunday Dec 13th
jritger

Return to Perkerson Park