Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events

Fulton County - Atlanta, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events

Postby jritger » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:25 pm

as per the last 2 years, PP will only be setup periodically on weekends from Nov-March. the only firm event is the sanctioned icebowl #3 the 2nd sunday in Feb 2010.

I am NOT planning on running any other events this winter as i don't expect to have time (baby due early nov). i will help anybody that wants to run one but don't want to be solely responsible for it. the process involves planning at least 30 days ahead as a permit is required from the city and they have 30 day requirement ... i can get the permits & provide some baskets/help, but am not instigating any events. if you are interested in setting up perkerson this winter & want to run a 2nd sunday tourney let me know...your event, you can setup in any format you like....doubles/singles/etc
jritger

Re: Fall/Winter 2009 weekend events

Postby djester » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:58 am

I'll jump in there and do it.... but I'm not sure what everyone would want as far as doubles, singles, and such. Maybe we should run a poll and see what the outcome would be??
I'd prefer singles.... but I'm open for for a vote to determine the choice.

I'd like to have around 2-3 sets of tee's to throw from, and 3 pin placements for the baskets to keep things changing and fresh. We'd keep the main layout, but have a chance of making a few changes sometimes (changes would be explained at each event) Maybe we could try Chuck's layout ideas or add a few of our own??

What do you think John?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby jritger » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 am

maybe poll it....past experience is that doubles takes the OB out of play & makes the course really easy, why we always play singles...but whatever you --TD -- wants...you can run different ways too

multiple tees is a great idea and lets us test out shorter tee positions (not many that could be backed up from where they're @). and ... if doing 2 rounds, makes it play faster so less concerned about time. we should definitely try some different stuff out. i don't see how chuck's ideas could work though, but we should look @ it.

divisions >> the free, cheap & pricey (casual, am, pro) worked well in the past. definitely want a free division so neighbors & newbies that live in town will come out & play, and want to discourage bagging too
jritger

Postby djester » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

ok.... just made a poll for all of this so go check it out and vote!!!
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Return to Perkerson Park