We're finally ready to roll out this year's singles league info! Tim Acker has very kindly stepped up to the plate for running the action this year. First date will be Saturday, May 19th. Action will start promptly at 10 am; sign-in/players meeting 9:45 am.
What's new: Singles will be on the FIRST and THIRD Saturdays of each month (no action if there's a fifth Saturday) at 10 am, instead of every Monday night. We're grateful that everyone could make it out on Mondays the last several years, but the logistics of getting there after work and getting done before dark were always a challenge, and none of us could commit to being able to be there every Monday night to run things this year.
What's the same:
- Two divisions, Open (pro) and Recreational
- Minimum buy-in $2 Rec/$11 Open
- All-in $5 Rec/$15 Open (including Ace Pool and CTPs)
- Handicaps will be calculated based on league play and used to determine order of finish
- Points will be awarded each week (1 point for each person in your division you beat, based on handicapped order of finish)
- $1 from minimum buy-in gets split between RDGC and RRPD
- Everyone should have a great time
We did consider carefully the conflict with Alexander doubles on Saturday mornings, but we're hoping it won't be too much of a challenge for folks since:
- Alex is about 40 minutes away
- There didn't seem to be a huge amount of overlap among the players from past ERP Monday singles and Alex doubles
- It's a different format, which we hope will appeal to different sets of players
- Ours is only every other week, so you could still play Alex doubles twice a month even if you show up alternate Saturdays at ERP.
We know there may also be conflicts with particular tournaments -- we'll consider adjust the schedule as needed on a case-by-case basis.
If you need more info, feel free to post here, watch the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/RoswellDiscGolfClub , or e-mail email@example.com .