Course condition info & updates...

Hall County - Lula, Ga

Moderators: keith johnson, ADGO BOD

Course condition info & updates...

Postby djester » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Please post fairway & shule conditions here in this thread...

I heard that the grass & shule are waist high in places on most of the course.
Anyone been lately & can give updates?
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Re: Course condition info & updates...

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:46 pm

You can always find the latest information on the course here: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4459

From the website:
Current Conditions: (Updated on 7/20/2011 by keith johnson)
Addn. Info: 7/20 - course completely mowed with defined fairways on holes 5, 10 and 15 - Hole 2 has mulch added to entire fairway, Hole 6 has mulch added from landing zone up to level 2 in fairway.

You can aslo see photographic proof of the look of the course under the MEDIA tab.

There is a full time maintenance guy now there and mowing "usually" takes place on THURS so it will be nicer for the weekends. Course is ALWAYS in it's best conditions on 3rd Sunday monthly doubles day, and the week after as I personally am up there the week or day before to do any trimming or last minute things to make things look nice for the doubles.

Keep in mind that before they had the maintenance guy, mowing was done every 2 -3 weeks which allowed those 6-7 holes to become scruffy. Going forward - things "should be kept nicer" as the course is only 100 days old and it keeps having things improved weekly.

There are several benches (including the holes after uphill walks) and burlap trash bags near tee pads (also one past the basket in the Chicken Shack opposite the drink machine)

I would say if you play it this week even it it doesn't get mowed, you will not have any issues, and if you can fit it into your busy schedule to come for the next 3rd Sunday Doubles on AUG 21st I can give you a behind the scenes tour and hear your feedback.

Keith
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Postby djester » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:46 pm

I'll be up there tomorrow & I've been trying to make the action but something always seems to be planned on 3rd Sundays. I think the wife reads the message boards. :?

Thanks for the update, I've been anxious to see the course.
My posse's on Broadway!
djester
Post Bagger!!

Postby keith johnson » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:23 pm

Josh,

My post was updated and I got the old Pictures removed and the new ones taken on 7/17/11 uploaded already - view under the media tab - and you can see Holes 5, 10 and 15 mowed fairways with rough on edges - it is very visible in Hole 5 picture.

I will try to get the videos of each hole loaded this weekend - I need to upload from where they are stored now to YouTube as the site will only accept video form there or Vimeo (whatever that is)

Hopefully your wife will want to stay in the Air conditioned Teepees for the OCT Event and where she can see the fall colors and into the Carolina mountains right from the property, and also take a Zip Line tour if she wishes while you are killing it on the course in the bonus GSSS Event. :mrgreen:
Father of Future World Champion Lorelei Johnson #13697
keith johnson

Return to North Georgia Canopy Tours DGC