Club members' meeting on December 18

Moderators: kurt, Lewis, ADGO BOD

Club members' meeting on December 18

Postby Lewis » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:50 pm

The below is copied from an email sent out by Jo Kiddle this week. We may not have current email addresses for all members, so I figured posting it here would help the coverage...

To all Cobb Disc Golf Club Members:

The club will be holding an all member meeting on December 18th from 11:00 – 4:00 at the Booth Ward Community Center Conference Room. The purpose of this meeting is to solidify the club bylaws in preparation for the upcoming Board of Directors elections in January. Attached you will find a copy of the elementary bylaws established last year. You as a member of the Cobb Disc Golf Club have the right and obligation to make your desires known.

In the process of becoming a 501c-3, a set of bylaws had to be written by the lawyer to be sent to the IRS. This was done as a temporary measure to satisfy the IRS but these bylaws are not official nor in force as the membership have not yet voted on them.

Please take some time to read the bylaws and submit any revisions or additions you would like to be taken into consideration. All submissions need to be sent to Jo Kiddle at jo@cobbdiscgolf.com with a carbon copy to carruthcrew@yahoo.com by midnight on December 14th, 2010. A compilation of all submissions will be sent to the entire membership on Thursday December 16th for your review. You must be a current member to participate in this membership meeting. We will have onsite membership renewal and new member registration.

The following is a schedule of events for December 18th:
11:00 AM – 1:00 PM – New Member or Early Renewal sign up
1:00 PM -3:00 PM – Open forum discussion
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM - Voting

The Booth Ward Recreation Center is located at 4845 Dallas Hwy, Powder Springs 30127

I have not attached the bylaws here as Jo did in her email, but if you're a member and you want a copy, PM me and I'll email them to you. Also if you're currently a member but didn't get Jo's email, PM me with your current email address and we'll update our records. If you're not currently a member of the Cobb Disc Golf Club, you can register online with the paypal link on the membership page of http://cobbdiscgolf.com or as Jo wrote just show up to the meeting before 1pm with $25 and join then.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Return to Cobb Disc Golf Club (CDGC)