What's new at Flyboy Aviation

Carroll County - Whitesburg, Ga

Moderators: Fly Boy, ADGO BOD

What's new at Flyboy Aviation

Postby Fly Boy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am

Lots of things going on at Flyboy lately. Here's an update for you.

NEW BASKETS! The first installment of 9 Discatcher Pro baskets is arriving shortly to start upgrading my DB5s. Please, I need your help paying for these so hit the donation jug in the Pro shop when you come out.

PRO SHOP! We have a full-up pro shop in operation now. Come through the pro shop when you arrive at Flyboy to sign in, pay the course fee, sign a waiver, and buy discs, Flyboy merchandise, and snacks. Being that I trust you fellow disc golfers implicitly, the pro shop will be 100% self-serve, honor system operation until I determine otherwise.

BED & BREAKFAST! The bunkroom is fully operational and we've been accomodating disc golf guests for a few months now. The price is $50 per night per person and includes the course fee (and your 3 shots at the hangar basket), breakfast, and lunch between #18 and #19, plus free veggies out of Wayne's garden. World champions stay free.

CAMPING FACILITIES! Brad Orman is building a small rustic cabin with two full restroom and shower facilities on the back of the tractor shed by hole #23. No more port-a-johns! The cabin and tent camping is available for a nominal fee.

DISC FISHING! The Disc Fishing Ban is now lifted. Orman pulled out a huge stack of discs from the pond at #25 in about 20 minutes! Check lost and found in the Pro shop for your lost troopers.

#25 NEW BASKET POSITION! If you haven't seen it yet, you're in for a treat. This is truly a one-of-a-kind hole.

NEW TRACTOR MOTOR! We blew up the tractor motor a few months ago, clearing out a new lane on hole #10. Thousands of dollars later and a brand new motor, the tractor is back running, trying to keep up with the grass and brush cutting out here.

THE STORY OF FLYBOY! Check out www.AceRunners.com and read the 3-part story on how Flyboy Aviation Disc Golf came to be.

BOTTOM LINE: Flyboy Aviation is dedicated to providing the Atlanta disc golfers the absolute best possible disc golf venue on the planet. Guys, this takes hard work and money, plain and simple. Being a private course, the money comes right out of my pocket. Please know that your donations and help with the never-ending course maintenance is hugely appreciated!

See you out here!
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Re: What's new at Flyboy Aviation

Postby $Dollar$ » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:49 am

Once again, Thank you so much for the Flyboy Disc Golf course. You are truly a hero to Disc Golf!

*one week from now we'll be teeing off in the Flyboy Monthly!!!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby CorneliousVanderbildt » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:56 pm

$Dollar$ wrote:Once again, Thank you so much for the Flyboy Disc Golf course. You are truly a hero to Disc Golf!

^^^^^ this
"Lame inside joke"
CorneliousVanderbildt
DX Plastic

Postby thiggy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Thanks for hosting Rusty and I for a great day at Flyboy! The course and the hanger are amazing and the hospitality is better than the Ritz. How fortunate we are to have this gem in our backyards! Can't wait to see the new baskets in use. Three cheers for the Ambassador!!

Chris
Bubba can make it.
thiggy
Barney

Postby Fly Boy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks Chris, enjoyed having you guys out, and thanks for delivering the Discatchers. Did you finish the last 9 holes after lunch? I was still on the tractor when you came in on #18.
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby thiggy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:20 pm

No, we were both exhausted and had stretched our time thin. But I look forward to playing in on Sat. Love the course, well the adventure I should say. By the way,what is your monthly rate on the bed and breakfast?

C
Bubba can make it.
thiggy
Barney

Postby billnchristy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow, I just read this, awesome news!! We need to get back out.
billnchristy
Star Plastic

Postby Lewis » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:11 pm

:o This is all really good news! I wish I had the time and connections to go out there more often.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Postby Fly Boy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:23 am

Hey Lewis....you've got the conntecions, just make the time! Give me a buzz and I'll get you on the course.
Kelly
Fly Boy
DX Plastic

Postby Mike D » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 pm

What else is new????

How about Innova Discatchers on hole #3, #9, #18, #21, #23 and #27.

Just in time for Hotlanta!!
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby $Dollar$ » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm really "PUMPED" about a possible future addition to course inspired by Hampton Park!!!

btw- After rereading this thread for the first time in a while, I'll be sure to drop an extra $10 or $20 in the donation box on my next trip. We can't thank Kelly enough for the AMAZING course he has made!
BAAAAKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
$Dollar$
Champion Plastic

Postby Big Red » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't understand the Hampton Park reference? What am I missing?
I've got more game than a busted Atari.
Big Red
Champion Plastic

Postby Redan Randy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 am

Big Red wrote:I don't understand the Hampton Park reference? What am I missing?

Maybe this?
Redan IS God's Country!!
Redan Randy
Star Plastic

Return to Flyboy Aviation - Private Course