Border Wars 2010

Local Disc Golf Tournament Info

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Border Wars 2010

Postby tdg » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 am

The annual war for the border is tentatively set for September 18. Josh Burgess and Chris Senador are finalizing everything for the event to be held in Toccoa,GA and Seneca,SC. Georgia leads the series 3-2. As always we need all the help from Atlanta area disc golfers that we can get. The divisions offered are : Pro- Adv.- Int.- Mixed. There will be a custom disc for each entrant. There are 18 team spots being held for each state up until the week before the tourney. This year we begin in Toccoa and end in Seneca. You can also check out the Toccoa disc golf site for updates. Thanks for your time. - John
tdg
DX Plastic

Re: Border Wars 2010

Postby Mike D » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:34 pm

NOT GOOD!

You guys may want to reconsider that weekend.

Not only is there an "A" tier close by (AUGUSTA) that will draw players from both SC and GA, but it is the 20th anniversary of the Augusta Classic tournament!!

Turn out is probably going to be low for this event if it stays on this weekend.
Mike D
Champion Plastic

Postby htorbit » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 pm

I always look forward to Border Wars so PLEASE change the date! Wasn't it earlier in Sept. last year?
htorbit
DX Plastic

Postby tdg » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 am

Hugh, Chris Senador and Josh from SC got together on these dates. I did mention to them the conflict with the Augusta Classic. I'm trying to stay hands off and let Chris run our side. I don't know how often Chris looks at the Atlanta site. You may want to post on the Toccoa site or give him a call.I was told that they looked at other dates and this was the best fit .
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby SCdoubles » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:49 pm

The GA team is running the event this year. I ran into several SC Players over the weekend and was told a number of them plan to be in Augusta that weekend. We actually moved another event (a c-tier) from that date in SC to make room. Border Wars is always fun and I agree...there needs to be a new date.
SCdoubles
DX Plastic

Postby grease » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Folks, try to make this event if you aren't going to Augusta this weekend. Both courses are awesome and worth the trip. Plus, GA needs to get the trophy back!
Fart, it's never not funny!
Greg Campbell
www.primoplastic.com
grease

Postby D-Wiz » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm

grease wrote:Folks, try to make this event if you aren't going to Augusta this weekend. Both courses are awesome and worth the trip. Plus, GA needs to get the trophy back!

Agreed, but if GA needs to get the trophy back, why didn't you recruit a better partner? :shock:
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby richardhead » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 am

D-Wiz wrote:
grease wrote:Folks, try to make this event if you aren't going to Augusta this weekend. Both courses are awesome and worth the trip. Plus, GA needs to get the trophy back!

Agreed, but if GA needs to get the trophy back, why didn't you recruit a better partner? :shock:

You mean a partner that has cashed the last 3 years in the Open Division @ Border Wars?? Don't be hating just because there aren't enough people to fill the Homosexual Midget Division!!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby D-Wiz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 am

Georgia should have a good chance to get the trophy back. Many of the better SC players will be in Augusta, and I won't be at Border Wars. I think I'm part of the Border Wars curse for GA. Now, I will just curse the IDGC and try not to finish DFL.
promoting D-GOLF since 2007
D-Wiz
Pro Plastic

Postby tdg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Last week to register for Border Wars, Georgia sits at 14 teams and South Carolina at 13 teams. Registration is now open to either side to fill. If you want to get in call Chris Senador at (706) 201-8003, there are currently only 8 spots left to fill the tournament.
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby tdg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:25 am

Here is how the teams are shaping up:
OPEN
GEORGIA
Brett Porter and Doug Porter
Greg "Grease" Campbell and Jay Philips

SOUTH CAROLINA
David Chansler and Pat Husted

ADVANCED
GEORGIA
Hugh Torbit and Fred Williams
Keith Weidemann and Phil Thorp

SOUTH CAROLINA
Jim Cunningham and David Cunningham
Austin Finley and Nathan

INTERMEDIATE
GEORGIA
Ken Riggle and Chris Senador
Larry Evans and Jason Kohl
Tim Rainwater and David Vaughn
Jeremiah Woodall and Kevin Woodall
Nate Tilton and Jordan Tilton
Eddy McEntire and Mitch Armour

SOUTH CAROLINA
Bill Ball and Jerry Chansler
"Team BlowFly" Danny Marks and Bobbie Ellisor
Aaron Evans and Josh Burgess
Mike Weirda and Sam Patton
Robbie Pitzer and Joe Wallace
Brandon Vinson and ?
Jonathan Hodge and Beau Chappelear

MIXED
GEORGIA
John Nisewonder and Jo Taylor
Steve "Swerve" Brinson and Talia Kohl
Josh Woodall and Erica Woodall

SOUTH CAROLINA
Matthew Goodson and Kimberly Simms
Adam and Lyndsey
Brandon Anderson and Dana Dudziak

As teams register or let me know their intent, I will post here.
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby tdg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:33 am

Georgia picked up another INT. team last night. We still have 9 team spots left. If you're not going to Augusta come on up this weekend. See you soon - John
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby tdg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 am

Georgia brought the Team trophy back home after another close Border Wars tourney. Congrats go out to division winners Greg Campbell and Jay Phillips in the Open Pro, Ken Riggle and Chris Senador in the Intermediate, Jo Taylor and John Nisewonder in the mixed. SC won the Advanced. The series now stands at GA 4- SC 2. Thanks go out to Josh Burgess and Chris Senador for running another fun BW tourney.
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:28 pm

Special thanks to John for not buying in on the ace fund. I didn't want to split the moeny!! lol

Sorry John, I had to rub it in a little!!
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Postby tdg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:44 pm

I need to wake up a little earlier and clear my brain. The older I get the tougher it is. I paid, picked up my player pack disc and went to throw. After the ace the other group congratulated me on winning the ace pool. Only one problem, I forgot to get in. Oh well,I know you need the money more than me. Way to take the Pro division. We'll see you soon - John
tdg
DX Plastic

Postby richardhead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm

I was only messing with you. It's a rare occasion that you slip up and someone gets to do a little smack talk. I'll save it for later on in the football season when Denard Robinson runs all over your buckeyes!!! lol (I hope)
Jay Phillips
<EAT MY SKAT>
richardhead
Star Plastic

Return to Disc Golf Tournaments