Youth Disc Golf

Fulton County - Atlanta, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Youth Disc Golf

Postby mrpbody33 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:47 am

I am posting this here for Greg just so it can get more attention. You can find out more info on our Facebook page or by contacting Greg below. If you haven't come out yet to help with course work this would be a great way to get involved that will have a tremendous impact. The neighborhood and City of Atlanta have been really supportive of our efforts in getting the course installed. This is just a great way to give back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have committed to running 2 nights worth of 1 hour sessions of intro to disc golf for the City of Atlanta Camps at Perkerson Park. The campers are middle and high school students and we will provide the equipment (John Ritger will supply disc). The dates are as follows:

Monday, July 16th
Group 1- 10 kids from 6:40 PM- 7:40 PM
Group 2- 10 kids from 7:40 PM- 8:40 PM

Wednesday , July 18th
Group 3- 10 kids from 6:40 PM- 7:40 PM
Group 4- 10 kids from 7:40 PM- 8:40 PM

I figure each group can be broken down into 2 five-somes and I need a willing and patient disc golfers to assist me in running the groups

Please let me know if you can be available. If we get more instructors we can break it down to smaller more manageable groups! I can’t do this alone so step up!
GHazlehurst@gmail.com
Barry "Mr. P'body" Arnson
PDGA# 28128
ADGO# 133
http://discgolfatlanta.com/
mrpbody33

Re: Youth Disc Golf

Postby jritger » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Kudos to Greg for stepping up and running this event. I have run this the past few years and can attest that it's a blast -- these are inner city kids, teenagers, who have never played before and who now have a course they can use within walking distance. Come out and be a positive influence on them. I would be there but I'll be travelling for work.

@ any past volunteers, this year will be much less chaotic as the organizer's are breaking the kids up into groups of 10.
jritger

Return to Perkerson Park