Stealing, lying, and bragging about it

Fulton County - Alpharetta, Ga

Moderator: ADGO BOD

Stealing, lying, and bragging about it

Postby tonikaku » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Had a group of about 7 kids, age 15-16 pick up a disc I forgot on the course earlier in a round today. They straight up lied when I asked them about it. How do I know? Because after I played them through, they hopped in their car and drove by hole 18 TWICE waving it out the window of their black pickup and yelling. THEN they called me and tried to talk sh*t about it and act all tough!
Stupid kids....now I have a phone number, and a quick search on Facebook means I also have a name....so does anyone have any reasonable suggestions on how to handle this type of situation? Seeing as I'm pretty sure they're minors the options for "revenge" are limited. I'd really just like to let their parents know what punk*ss kids they've managed to raise.
tonikaku
Barney

Re: Stealing, lying, and bragging about it

Postby edj42 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:02 pm

I would start by seeing if their parents are "friends" and then messaging them directly. Clearly, objectively and without emotion state the facts. If that doesn't work, let your imagination flow! Starting with messaging his friends and asking if they are "missing" anything. Good luck!
They are probably good kids, with not a lot of sense. Science has shown that boys' brains don't fully develop until mid 20s so impulsive stupid behavior is to be expected. Doesn't make it right, just makes it more understandable. I was one of those once.
I have an 18 year old so I know what they are capable of. (BTW, he is in Canada so I know he is not the culprit!)
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."
edj42
DX Plastic

Re: Stealing, lying, and bragging about it

Postby Lewis » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:01 pm

edj42 wrote:They are probably good kids, with not a lot of sense. Science has shown that boys' brains don't fully develop until mid 20s so impulsive stupid behavior is to be expected. Doesn't make it right, just makes it more understandable. I was one of those once.

I totally disagree. Good kids don't steal your stuff, flaunt it in front of you as they make their getaway, and then call you later to mock you. Stupid and impulsive is one thing, but these kids went way out of their way to act like pricks. In your situation, I would pay their parents a visit at home. If you have any voicemails from them, save them and play them for the parents. If the parents aren't cooperative, then maybe you could start pranking them. But be aware that they have your phone number and name as well, and it might be a bad idea to get into a pranking war with a bunch of high schoolers during their summer break.
Lewis
Champion Plastic

Return to Wills Park